Toshiba Corporation is one of the world's most respected companies and a $60 billion global electronics technology leader. As a proven technology leader, Toshiba is committed to the goal of ensuring to every customer that our name remains synonymous with lasting quality, durability and value. Toshiba of Canada Limited is a leading manufacturer and distributor of mobile computer systems, home entertainment products, office products including black and white digital copiers, full colour capable devices, fax/MFP's, business telecommunication solutions and medical diagnostic imaging equipment.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Legal Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support to the General Counsel and will also provide general administrative and secretarial support for other senior executives.
The successful Candidate’s responsibilities will include:
• Prepare confidential legal documentation, including various types of legal agreements, memoranda, pleadings and correspondence.
• File management, including opening and closing of files and maintaining files on an ongoing basis.
• Assist with preparations for various internal and external meeting.
• Coordinate group timetables and meetings.
• Coordinate and manage all Toshiba small claims court matters
• Maintain department billing and invoicing records.
• Assist in applying technological solutions to meet legal department requirements.
• Assist in preparing presentations.
• Providing administrative assistance on special projects where requested and as required.
• 3+ years previous experience in a corporate legal environment.
• Legal secretarial/assistant diploma or certifications required (equivalencies will be considered).
• High proficiency with MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and document management systems are essential.
• Experience with litigation files would be considered an asset
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced team environment and meet deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
apply on-line send this job to a friend Print This Page